Housing in Singapore


For subletting your entire flat or bedrooms a formal approval is required from HDB. Once your property is approved for subletting it's only a matter of time before the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) will verify and catches up with you if you don't voluntarily declare your actual rental income. Also, you need to keep receipts such as agent's commission, air-con servicing and replacement of furniture to claim for your expenditure, for your taxation purpose.